[Sigia-l] re: the future of search

James Weinheimer j.weinheimer at jlw-dmg.net
Wed Jul 31 13:42:25 EDT 2002

> If people want a discussion on how as practitioners we can provide
> practical support for allowing a user to know how exhaustively they have
> covered the available material, then that starts to get interesting.

This is well said--and exactly what I wanted to say, although obviously not
so clearly. When I said "all", I meant all of the material on a topic within
a specific database or catalog. Libraries and catalogs are designed to
deliver this information.
Web search engines simply are not designed to do this.

James Weinheimer