[Sigia-l] multidoctype publishing: from Visio and Word: sugg estions?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jul 30 17:39:53 EDT 2002

"Duich McKay" wrote:

> Witness the problems people have defining a text box in Quark, PageMaker or
> InDesign.

Let's see: in inDesign, for example, you click anywhere on the page and
start typing. Voila, you got a text box. Confusing, uh?

> I think the days of these as office tools is over.

'Office tools'? You haven't done much publication design, have you? Let us
know when the vast majority of magazines, newspapers, advertising agencies,
indeed anyone that does pub design for a living around the planet convert to
Word.

Best,