[Sigia-l] re: the future of search

javier velasco lists at mantruc.com
Sat Jul 27 19:11:28 EDT 2002

The primary school I went to had a beautiful library, it was said to be
one of the biggest in the city at that time. There was a man who worked
there for *lots* of years, he was a living legend among students for his
ability to give you what you needed.

You would come to this man with a request for a subject, if he had
different material on the same subject he asked things like what you
needed it for, or he'd explain to you the differences between the
available publications. Then, he'd send you to a particular shelf with a
description of the book's color, size and thickness, and to open the
book in a particular chapter - sometimes the precise page - that held
the solution to your need.

If a search engine could to that, it would be perfect for me.

javier velasco