[Sigia-l] Usability of launching new browser window?

Simon Willison simon at incutio.com
Fri Jul 26 21:39:18 EDT 2002

At 12:32 27/07/2002 +1200, Andrew McNaughton wrote:
>I know you can do this in recent versions of Opera.  What other browsers
>do it?

Mozilla and Netscape 7/6 do. I use Mozilla and tabbed browsing is by far my
favourite feature, although gesture recognition (via a plugin from
http://optimoz.mozdev.org/ ) comes in a close second. I have Mozilla set up
so I can open a link in a new window by clicking my middle mouse button on
it. target="_blank" links really annoy me as if I left-click them they open
in a completley new window as opposed to a new tab, which breaks out of my
nice Mozilla-with-lots-of-tabs setup.

Regards,

Simon Willison