[Sigia-l] the future of search

Leanne Waldal lwaldal at otivo.com
Fri Jul 26 17:15:23 EDT 2002

>Itunes does this incredibly well with your MP3 collection: start typing
>the name of an
>album, song, band, and you'll get a set of results that updates as you type.

the search interface for at&t broadband's digital cable service in san
francisco does this as well .... and quite easily with just a remote
control in hand.

when i desire to find when 'nigella bites' is next on the telly, i go to
the search function and use the scroll up/down buttons through a-z-1-9 and
select N then I then G and the list of shows updates as i select the first,
second, third characters and so on of my search string.  scrolling through
a-z-1-9 is a lot easier than i thought it would be.

leanne

--
Leanne Waldal ... CEO & Chief Scientist
OTIVO, INC.  ...  Web Site Testing