[Sigia-l] LA IA/UX cocktail hour 7/30

George Olsen george.olsen at pobox.com
Fri Jul 26 12:38:03 EDT 2002

What to do when your client or boss asks "What would Jakob do?" We'll
tackle that at this month's cocktail hour in Hollywood.

When: 6:30-8 p.m., Tuesday, July 30
Where: Zentropy Partners, 6600 Lexington Ave., Hollywood, CA 90038
Zentropy is between Santa Monica and Fountain, just east of Highland.
Street parking. The entrance is on Lexington, ring the buzzer for
admittance.

* Cocktails
* Food and snacks
* The IA/UX Challenge! This month will focus on controversial "usability
rules" that various usability gurus have put forth -- hopefully there will
be some good debate.
* Chat/Documentation Gallery

What to bring: We are going to do this potluck style. Please bring a snack
or dish (we'll provide the space, beverages, and light snacks);
documentation samples (wireframes, site maps, etc.) that are
mounted/posted with self-explanatory text for easy viewing in our
documentation gallery.

For a map or to RSVP, <http://www.evite.com/r?iid=VLZWROMLILQFZUMCPOKF&li=iq>

More information about the cocktail hour and a wrap-up of last month's
meeting is at <http://www.interactionbydesign.com/cocktailhour/>

George Olsen                           george at interactionbydesign.com
User Experience Architect                                310-993-0467