[Sigia-l] Navigation in Wireframes

Patrick Hunt patrick at strategux.com
Wed Jul 24 09:47:06 EDT 2002

> From: "Saffer, Dan" <DSaffer at Datek.com>
> I'm about to embark upon another large set of wireframes and have been toying
> with the idea of making each global navigation module (top nav, side nav,
> bottom nav) a distinct wireframe  (on a separate page), leaving a placeholder
> that references those wireframe on each page. I think it could help unclutter
> the pages a little and help focus attention on the content/functionality of
> each page.

If you're using Viso on PC or Freehand on the Mac (perhaps some others), you
could create the border of the navs on one layer and the navs themselves on
another, and use these pages as master pages. Then you have the flexibility
to easily flip between pages that show the nav or don't (by showing/hiding
layers), and conduct informal usability tests of the wireframes themselves.