[Sigia-l] Charlotte IA Cocktail Hour--July Meeting on ROI/Value proposition

Samantha Bailey a2slb at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 23 17:50:57 EDT 2002

Announcing the July meeting of the Charlotte (& Beyond) IA Discussion Group!

What: Charlotte (& Beyond) IA Cocktail Hour
When: Wednesday, July 31, 2002  7 pm - 9 pm
Where: Evening Muse 3227 North Davidson St., Charlotte.
Discussion topic: Demonstrating value: ROI and alternative approaches.

Our value proposition as user experience designers, information architects,
interaction designers, etc., has long been an area that can provoke
defensiveness in the most skilled new media professional. The dot com bust
and the current economic gloom only serve to exacerbate the situation. Let's
gather to talk about how we demonstrate value and brainstorm about ways to
effectively communicate our contributions. I've recently returned from the
AIGA Advance for Design Summit, where several of the topics focused on ROI
and value and I'll share my observations from that experience, as well.
(As always, advanced preparation is *not* required.)

Please pass this message along to anyone you know in the area who is
interested in and/or practicing information architecture, interaction design
or user-centered web design.

Contact info: Samantha Bailey, samantha at baileysorts.com, 704.715.3759 (day)

The Evening Muse (704) 376-3737, 3227 N Davidson St, Charlotte, NC 28205

For those of you unfamiliar with the Evening Muse, it's a local
bar/coffeeshop in Charlotte's small-yet-burgeoning arts district. They
feature live music and there will be a band starting at 9pm for anyone who
would like to stick around after the meeting.

We now have a yahoo group:
Listserv: ncia at yahoogroups.com