[Sigia-l] Clockwork Orange (was something about design)

Paula Thornton paula.thornton at prodigy.net
Tue Jul 23 09:16:02 EDT 2002

First. I thought Andrew's analogy about the orange square was fabulous.

Second. We've got deeper issues here: visual vs. functional design.

I was just re-reading an offline conversation I was having with Christopher
Fahey and it struck me as he was bashing Wal-Mart's design. I suddenly
thought, which design? What they have is that way "BY DESIGN", supported by
a lot of design staff.

Maybe that's just it, there are some mono-dimensional thinkers who struggle
to see the obvious by attempting to celebrate the 'sublime'.

Whatever blows up your skirt...unless of course, it only serves your
purpose...