[Sigia-l] [spam] Retraction re: "IA" value posting Imadeearlier

christina wodtke cwodtke at eleganthack.com
Fri Jul 19 00:34:23 EDT 2002

> "christina wodtke" wrote:
>
> > How is writing fundamentally different than design, other than medium?
>
> What makes you think it's different?

I'm far from certain it is.. I do know that to write a book and to design a
book are different activities -- in label. But they feel a lot alike. and
both have architectural components that are integral to the effectiveness of
the process. My outline makes the writing work (I learned this the hard way)
just like a wireframe (formal, or just thumbnail sketches) makes a visual
design more potent.

Is outlining a book very different than IA for a site that has never
existed?

Am I wandering too far into the esoteric?