Info-tainment [was: Re: [Sigia-l] The New Nielsen?]

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jul 16 16:17:09 EDT 2002

"gMeta" wrote:

> It has long been acceptable in [eg] the USA to conjoin the two
> ..."learning whilst being entertained" - not so elsewhere... eg Europe...

This is what makes American English so much more vibrant than most others.
We have fun with words. We generate new words by the truck load every day.
New words push the envelope of new ideas. They amuse us. Anger us. They keep
the conversation going. Given the global spread of American English, we must
be doing something right. Leave our conjoins alone :-)

Best,