[Sigia-l] low-end (ish) search engine/spider combo

Ben Whalley b.whalley at ry.com
Tue Jul 16 12:08:57 EDT 2002

Hi,

We're working with a client at the moment who is in the process of rebuilding a number of sites and subsites which are owned by numerous individuals across the company (and around the world). They're all over the place at the moment and are working hard to sort it out, but in the meantime want to implement a search engine which will cover all of their content, even as it changes and develops, and allow the group site to be used as a kind of portal to the rest of the business.

My first though is buy a neat little google-box but it's a little out of our price range here. Does anyone know other sensible options for spidering and returning results on multiple sites? Our budget will be about $1000-$2000.

Thanks,

Ben Whalley
ry.com