[Sigia-l] recommendation for clickstream tracking tool for usability

Beth Fowler beth at ozone.sph.unc.edu
Thu Jul 11 11:43:49 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

I'm researching the current tools available for capturing and analyzing
clickstream data locally during usability testing and was hoping you all
could provide some feedback.  The tool would be used on a Windows client
machine (in conjunction with other qualitative measures)  during user
testing of several health education web-based applications.  Criteria
are:

•  Comprehensive type of data collected (path chosen, forward & backward
movement, search terms, time spent, etc.)
•  Ease of use and ability to combine the analysis reports
•  Cost, somewhat

Clickstream, Netraker, and NetTracker are three I've found in my
searching so far.  WebQuilt is another tool that  uses a proxy to
collect user data.   Any recommendations, war stories, do's and dont's
would be greatly appreciated.

If you'd like to reply directly to me, I will be happy to summarize and
post to the list.

Beth Fowler
CHAI Core
Chapel Hill, NC  27599