[Sigia-l] 3-D workflows

Clifton Evans clifton at infostyling.com
Tue Jul 9 19:41:02 EDT 2002

> You are looking for a third "dimension" because 'length' and 'width'
> aren't good enough for your needs. But a literal z-axis spacial 'depth'
> may not be the best solution.

While I usually agree with Christopher on a lot of things...

I think 3D mapping is a HUGE step into what we need to be doing.

Because..

1) The web is not flat

2) Games, TV and Film use 3D and we should too

I guess what I'm saying is that we don't yet understand our medium and 3D
will definitely help us do that. We might begin to truly map the
'experience' and not just the page clicks. And, because I'm always saying
two or three things at once, I'm also saying looking good is important. It's
far more important than a lot of web people seem to realise, even us.

Clifton Evans