[Sigia-l] a word or two that means 'go to advanced search'

Mike.Steckel at SEMATECH.Org Mike.Steckel at SEMATECH.Org
Tue Dec 10 10:51:52 EST 2002

We recently changed our phrasing from "advanced search" to "More search options"
for two reasons:

1) We started to get the idea that people were intimidated by the phrase. It
sounds like it will be more difficult than the "basic" search;

2) Really, all we are offering is just several more specific, targeted searches
by document type, author, title, etc as opposed to a single search box that
searches each of these pieces as a group.

-----Original Message-----
From: Lorelei Brown [mailto:loreleibrown at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 10, 2002 9:42 AM
To: sigia-l at asis.org
Subject: [Sigia-l] a word or two that means 'go to advanced search'

Hello everyone --

I'm looking for a one or two word phrase that means
'go to advanced search' that will direct users to link
from a keyword search box to a an area that will let
them choose more detailed parameters.

audience (primary and secondary school teachers) so
we're looking for something else. We're all so
entrenched in our web world that we can't think of
anything simple and intuitive.

We've also decided against going with the filter
results method, since our audience loses interest when
they have to click too much.

Can anyone else think of something short and sweet?

Thanks -

Lorelei

http://mailplus.yahoo.com