[Sigia-l] tabbed design user test

lee.r.sachs at verizon.com lee.r.sachs at verizon.com
Fri Dec 6 12:56:48 EST 2002

Boy, now there's a topic I've spent way too much time on!   Here are a
couple of points/questions to consider:

1. Do users understand which tabs are in front, which are in back.
2. Do they see them as tabs?  We so often refer to "tabs" as tabs, but as
research often provides, users so often use different terms & labels.
3. How are you using tabs to organize content?  Are you using them as a
means of getting to key area are is the metaphor continued through 2nd &
3rd levels.
4. Are there any dropdowns or subnavigation items below the tabs?
5. Are you using 2 or more rows of tabs?
6. Are your tas graphic or HTML or a combo?  Is it one jpeg per tab, or a
tiny 1px gif to mark the corner and the rest is HTML tables?

Let me know what you come up with!  Thanks for posting.

-lee

"Smith, Denise (Hewitt)" <denise.smith at idea.com>@asis.org on 12/06/2002
08:13:04 AM

Sent by:    sigia-l-admin at asis.org