[Sigia-l] tabbed design user test

David Heller hippiefunk at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 6 12:27:23 EST 2002

<< A common issue with tabs is that a lot of designs use tabs for
something other than different views or different types of information
on the same thing. It beats me why this ever happens, but one sees it
all the time. >>

That is a good point. I would put it more exactly that all the tabs need
to be peers with each other and equally related to some common parent.

So one of the things that makes tabs work better is that they are below
some sort of header, and it is clear that the tabs are associated with
the object in that header.

-- dave

David Heller
Sr. User Interface Designer
Documentum: The Leader in Enterprise Content Management
925.600.5636

david.heller at documentum.com
http://www.documentum.com/
AIM: bolinhanyc  //  Yahoo: dave_ux  //  MSN: hippiefunk at hotmail.com

--"If it isn't useful, it will never be usable."