[Sigia-l] the moral responsibilities of an IA

Silverio.Petruzzellis at cezannesw.com Silverio.Petruzzellis at cezannesw.com
Tue Dec 3 09:24:55 EST 2002

It seems to me that sometimes we all think of wrong classifications and clumsy user profiling as much bigger mistakes than those resulting from weak software design or scarce attention to details.
It's like saying that a mistake found in a simple algorithm is less important than one found in a more complex one.
Amazon.com recommendations for instance keeps suggesting me books I already included in my wishlist or even in the list of owned items. This looks ridiculous especially when the recommendation is given soon after having added items to the two lists! A quick comparison between the two sets of items would prevent such a stupid behaviour, wouldn't it?

My two cents...

Silverio Petruzzellis
Information Architect
Product Management Team