[Sigia-l] features matrices summary

Katherine Lumb KLumb at semaphorepartners.com
Wed Aug 21 17:38:16 EDT 2002

Hi all:

I got very few responses to my post, but they were helpful. Thanks everyone!

Peter Sullivan wrote:
I wrote up a use case template based on "Writing Effective Use Cases" by
Alistair Cockburn.    I'll attach it.

John Paul Fullerton wrote:
Lou Rosenfeld talks about options in selecting components for an online
site.

http://louisrosenfeld.com/home/bloug_archive/000056.html

Here's a table showing the components.

http://www.rtis.com/nat/user/jfullerton/work/components.htm

Perhaps the table will be of use? (I do believe the thoughts about
selecting components is of benefit.)

Have a nice day
John Paul Fullerton
j-fullerton at tamu.edu

-------------------------------------

Tania Lang wrote:
Although the rest of the site is a bit of a shocker (that is Australian
for really bad), I actually found this table last month when I was
comparing hosting benefits from different ISPs and personally found this
one to be so much easier to understand as a user than other sites (which
admitedly had no benefits tables).
http://webhostingww.com/pricing.htm

Here is another example from the company where I am contracting at the
moment.  I am not responsible for this but I think it is clear and clean
(although I would prefer to center the ticks).
http://products.suncorpmetway.com.au/ime/superannuation.asp

This is an Australian site and you should be aware that I have noticed
that Australians are much more used to "ticks" than North Americans.
For example, we normally say "tick the box" whereas in the States I
noticed you would typically say "check the box".       In this case you
may which to use some other symbol such as a dot (as per the other example).

Look forward to seeing your summary posting.
regards
Tania Lang
UXP Consulting and Marketing

Vanessa Kirby wrote:
Hi - pls find attached a template with some dummy data in for a feature function list - this is possibly the most useful thing in developing a website (so of course its completely underutilised)

Regards
Vanessa Kirby

Victor Lombardi wrote
hi katherine,