Melchor RE: [Sigia-l] Who here is paying for content? --> Me.

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu Aug 1 15:08:40 EDT 2002

Re-posted for cmelchor at sapient.com because of html content.  Dick Hill]

| I'd like to hear from people who actually pay for content on
| the Internet.
|
| In what form? Subscriptions, micropayments, per-piece
| payments? For fun or business?

For fun, internet radio, with an annual subscription of $35 paid on credit
card.
http://www.wrnr.com/home.html

Their stream -- with the subscription -- is without advertising and
relatively customizable so I don't have to hear genres that I don't like.

It's also a very cool station that I can't pick up on my side of the DC
metro area. It doesn't play the exact same music that everyone else plays,
so there's a snowball's chance that you can hear something you've never
heard before.

Cheers,
Cinnamon

Cinnamon Melchor | Sapient
e: cmelchor at sapient.com

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
PHONE: (301) 495-0900