[Sigia-l] seeking rules

Ziya Oz ZiyaOz at earthlink.net
Tue Apr 30 18:19:47 EDT 2002

"Heller, David" wrote:

> Ah! You were using the word 'page' to mean 'screen'. A frameset in your
> language = 'page'. I was thinking of it in terms of a new page = a roundtrip
> click to the server.

Well, we're all conditioned to think not far beyond the web
browser/HTTP/HTML model. Therein lie the beauty of Java, Flash or desktop
apps that can communicate via HTTP, but without the serious disadvantage of
the HTML page refresh issues. I can't believe that Watson isn't the future
but the current state of the web browser is. I guess this is my day to have
had enough UI regression with the browsers :-)

Best,