[Sigia-l] case studies for book

PeterV peter at poorbuthappy.com
Sun Apr 21 20:59:06 EDT 2002

Hi all,
in my continuing quest to do as little real work as possible (and
attempting to write a hopefully decent-ish book), this is a call for people
who'd like to collaborate on case studies for a book I'm writing on
Information Architecture.

I imagine this working as follows: if you have worked on a website (and can
give me permission to feature it in the book), I would interview you, and I
would write a short (one page) case study about a certain aspect of the
website. You can review the case study, and then give me permission to use
it in the book. The case studies will be used to illustrate certain aspects
of the practice of information architecture.

Right now, I am looking to write a few short case studies related to doing
user research. If you've used task analysis, any form of audience analysis
or research (contextual inquiry, ...), personas, scenarios, stuff on walls
to communicate user research in a team, and if you can explain me how this
research led to certain design (IA, flows, visual design, functionality,
...) decisions for the website, I would love to put them in the book.

Please email me at peter at poorbuthappy.com if you are interested, or with
any questions you may have.

All the best,
PeterV