[Sigia-l] IA and future of Internet

Thomas Vander Wal thomas at vanderwal.net
Thu Apr 18 08:16:56 EDT 2002

We just discussed part of this in _the new face of web info_ thread, but the
Beeb has a recent article _Web is the future for business_ (
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1932000/1932906.stm )

Toward the end of the article it quotes Robert Marano of PriceCoopers, _We
are at the letter definition stage, and have really only just defined the
alphabet,_ he said. _The next step is defining the grammar and vocabulary._
This sounds like the immediate and next step for IAs.  We have, at least a
part of the business (client) community understanding the need for what IAs
do as part of their existence.

As Peter (the good) pointed out in another thread, various companies are
greatly varying stages of IA.  It sounds like we could have a string of
years if not decades of solid work ahead of us.

All the best,
Thomas

www.vanderwal.net