[Sigia-l] RE: IA Practice Maturation

Frederic Cavazza frederic.cavazza at framfab.fr
Thu Apr 18 03:22:17 EDT 2002

Well, let me ad my personnal point of view : I has been involved in the
Internet business in France since 1998 and all that you said is close to the
reality. Fact is that France and continental european countries are late
compared to US or Scandinavian countries in term of "Internet Maturity".

Most of local Web agencies in France have never hear of IA and are just
starting to learn what user experience is about. But, as employee of a
pan-european Web agency, I must admit that even if most of our clients still
don't understand why we are always bothering them with users' needs and
usability we don't lake in IA culture. On this field, I think "maturity" is
the right word : After several years of "intuitive" development, each major
european Web agency (Framfab, Icon Medialab, Pixel Park, Satama...) have
mature in their developement methodology (adopting a RUP-like one) and in
their way of building interfaces (user-centered).

Conclusion : Still we are few in Paris, Milan, Barcelone... we exist and we
are fighting hard to express ourself as "Web professionals" like graphic
designers and developers do !