[Sigia-l] perceptually based web browser

Stuart Church stuart.church at ntlworld.com
Sun Apr 14 07:00:40 EDT 2002

> I only watched the demo video. Isn't this essentially a slightly enhanced
> version of the ill-famed Smart Tags?
>
> Best,
>
> Ziya

I think that Popout Prism differs in two key respects.

First, unlike Smart Tags, the user always has full control over what
information is highlighted.  The default state is just to use it as a
regular web browser.

Second, it doesn't generate any markup. It just makes searching and
conceptualizing documents easier by highlighting key words.  In that sense,
I think it's more of an enhanced page-searching facility than anything else
(which is, I guess, what you'd expect from a browser that tries to guide
human visual attention).

Cheers,
Stuart

Dr Stuart Church