[Sigia-l] Calendar Control and date/time input

Faith D'Lamater fdlamater at NEXGENIX.COM
Fri Apr 12 16:21:16 EDT 2002

Dave,

How appropriate that you raise this issue.  Two hours ago I accidentally
bought a flight ticket for May when I intended April.  I blame it entirely
on Continental.com's home page flight search set up and refuse to admit user
error!  ;-)

Pop-up calendars provide helpful cues that drop downs don't, such as today's
date and day of the week.   Earlier today, if I had selected my departure
date from a calendar, I would have seen the red circle around April 12 and
immediately recognized that I need to travel three days from now, not next
month.  (Don't laugh.. it's Friday... I'm very tired....)

Incidentally, Continental.com offers a popup calendar deeper in its site, so
I'm thinking they tried to avoid weighing down the home page.  Of course
this is valid, although I would wait longer for the extra convenience of a
calendar, even if I wasn't using DSL.

BTW, my observations seem more applicable to travel dates, rather than
birthdays or other events that are fixed in my mind and not important
relatively to today's date, weekends, etc.

Faith