[Sigia-l] Keeping pages current on an intranet / Best Practic es

Ziya Oz ZiyaOz at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 10 15:26:32 EDT 2002

"David R. Austen" wrote:

> Along these lines, we created a content management database
> that tracks each component on a web page, and not just the entire
> page.

Right. The notion of a unitary 'page' will hopefully recede in favor of
individually managed components that can come together to generate many
different types of pages depending on the query, prompted by humans or
machines.

This, of course, is not new. I've developed two apps based on this notion
four years ago. It's just that the infrastructure, industry agreements,
plumbing, etc., are in place to a far greater degree today.