[Sigia-l] Keeping pages current on an intranet / Best Practic es

Ziya Oz ZiyaOz at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 10 14:55:36 EDT 2002

"Fiorito, David" wrote:

> Yeah but that's all back end stuff.  No need to bring it to the front.

I'm not sure what that means. Data is data. Its 'timeliness' is separate
from its presentation. What I'm saying is that for a lot of stuff that
'front-end' will disappear, as we know it. You won't need, say, three pages
and four clicks just to get to specific weather info. Data won't
unnecessarily be schlepped across the network if mod_date/time is not
'fresh', whether queried by humans or machines.