[Sighlth-l] Reminder: 15 Aug for SIG-SI pre-con workshop "The Social Informatics of Knowledge"

Lydia Middleton lmiddleton at asist.org
Thu Aug 10 11:21:41 EDT 2017

This is a reminder to submit your 750 word abstracts by 15 August (this coming Tuesday!) for the ASIS&T Social Informatics SIG (SIG-SI) pre-conference workshop on the social informatics of knowledge to eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk<mailto:eric.meyer at oii.ox.ac.uk> and kalpana.shankar at ucd.ie<mailto:kalpana.shankar at ucd.ie> for full consideration.

In particular, we seek submissions that extend our understanding of how we can better explain knowledge practices (broadly conceived) by looking at the connections between people and technologies.

The workshop will be held in Washington, DC, USA on Saturday 28 October 2017. Full details, including suggested topics, can be found at: https://asistsigsi.wordpress.com/the-13th-annual-social-informatics-sig-si-research-symposium-the-social-informatics-of-knowledge/

This workshop is being held in conjunction with the ASIS&T Annual meeting: https://www.asist.org/am17/

Also note: a special issue of the Journal of the Association for Information Science and Technology on the same topic has a 15 January 2018 deadline, and workshop submissions will receive feedback from the special issue editors to strengthen their submission for the special issue. For details of the special issue, visit http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)2330-1643 and select the Call for Papers for the Special Issue on "The Social Informatics of Knowledge".

We look forward to reading your submissions!