[Sighlth-l] FW: Learn Practical Skills for Answering Health Insurance Reference Questions

Vardell, Emily J evardell at email.unc.edu
Mon Jun 6 11:16:12 EDT 2016

[http://www.mlanet.org/media/hrzxztgq.jpg]
What’s New with the Affordable Care Act and What You Need to Know About It

[http://www.mlanet.org/media/llnsshlt.jpg]
We asked Affordable Care Act (ACA) expert and author Emily Vardell how she got interested in the ACA. Her answer shows how attending her webinar on “What’s New with the Affordable Care Act” can help you learn practical skills for answering health insurance reference questions.

“I attended a lecture by Donna Shalala, former Secretary of Health and Human Services, who presented on the Affordable Care Act. She spoke about how most individuals didn't truly understand what the ACA meant for them. That argument stuck with me and made me think about how even really well educated people find health insurance and health policy overwhelming.”

Vardell is the editor of The Medical Library Association Guide to Answering Questions about the Affordable Care Act (2015) and a researcher in the areas of health insurance literacy and decision-making.

The live event is Wednesday June 8, 1:00 p.m.–2:30 p.m., central time. Register now<https://tinyurl.com/jlhv7ak>.