[Sigmed-l] University of Michigan School of Information Faculty Search: Assistant/Associate/Full Professor

Veinot, Tiffany tveinot at umich.edu
Thu Oct 16 14:24:30 EDT 2008

2008-09 FACULTY SEARCH ASSISTANT/ASSOCIATE/FULL PROFESSOR

The School of Information at the University of Michigan seeks outstanding faculty candidates, from any discipline and at any level of seniority, whose research complements and extends any of our existing strengths. Over the next few years, we aspire to establish and reinforce areas of excellence in which we can be the best in the world. All candidates should have completed or be nearing completion of a Ph.D. in a relevant field, and be committed to working in an interdisciplinary environment.

The School's mission is to connect people, information, & technology in more valuable ways. The School currently has 33 FTE faculty; 48 doctoral students, and 350 students in its professional program, the Master of Science in Information. We have recently partnered with other units on campus to launch a new undergraduate informatics concentration as well. We encourage you to learn more about the School, its mission, and its activities at http://www.si.umich.edu.

For details of application procedures, please see http://www.si.umich.edu/about-SI/faculty-postings.htm

Applications will be considered for all levels of seniority. They will be considered on a rolling basis until positions are filled; however, candidates for Assistant Professor positions are strongly encouraged to complete applications by November 15, 2008.

The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action educator and employer.

Tiffany Veinot
Assistant Professor
School of Information
University of Michigan