[Sigmed-l] IS Book of the Year

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Mon Apr 21 09:53:51 EDT 2008

Dear colleagues,
I am the chair for this year’s jury of the ASIST Best Information Science Book
The rules say: “The purpose of this award is to recognize the outstanding book in
information science published during the preceding calendar year.”

This means that we are looking for books with imprint of 2007 (2007 only!).

Information science  here is to be interpreted broadly to include books on topics that
have a relation to the field or may be impact the field. Library science is included.
So is computer science. And digital libraries and communication studies related to
what we do and so on.

We are looking for your suggestions. Publishers do send their nominations, but I would like
to collect nominations from the user audience. After all users should definitely be the
main nominators for the best book.

Please send the nominations to: Tefko Saracevic tefko at scils.rutgers.edu

Tefkp Saracevic

(Dick Hill sending for Tefko)

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
(301) 495-0900