[Sigmed-l] Senator Kennedy Massive Threat to Health Research

Catherine Arnott Smith casmith24 at wisc.edu
Tue Jul 31 15:06:09 EDT 2007

Anybody interested in doing research (ethical, respectful, necessary
research) with health information should pay careful attention to this
story ... I have been told that AMIA is coming out full force against
this one ...

http://www.govhealthit.com/article103259
<http://www.govhealthit.com/article103259>

I would really hope that somebody has the sense to realize we cannot
have a national mandate for electronic health records AND an opt-out
provision for electronic records at the same time.

--
Catherine Arnott Smith, PhD
Assistant Professor

***
The machine does not isolate us from the
great problems of nature but plunges us
more deeply into them.
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery

***