[Sigmed-l] Awards nomination deadlines

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu May 25 12:56:20 EDT 2006

[Posted for ASIS&T Awards and Honors Chair Stephanie Wright [mailto:swright at u.washington.edu]

It's not too late to nominate!!!

It's that time of year again to take note of the accomplishments of the
members in our field. Please take some time to nominate someone for their
contributions to the Society and/or our professions.  Several awards
deadlines are fast approaching.  Nominations for many of these can be made
by anyone in the Society.

Please send in a nomination or proposal (or encourage others to) to ASIST HQ
as described in the guidelines for any of the following awards by the noted
deadlines.

Guidelines for the awards including nomination requirements and links to the
submission system when appropriate can be found at:
http://www.asis.org/awards/awardnominationdeadlines.html

June 15

Thompson ISI/ASIST Citation Analysis Research Grant
Research In Information Science
ProQuest Doctoral Dissertation
Information Science Book
Pratt Severn Best Student Research Paper

July 1

Award of Merit
Chapter Event of the Year
Chapter Member of the Year
Chapter Publication of the Year
Chapter Electronic Publication of the Year
ISI Doctoral Dissertation Scholarship
ISI Outstanding Information Science Teacher

July 15

James M. Cretsos Leadership
SIG Publication of the Year
Watson Davis

Thank you for taking some time to recognize the contributions to our
profession!

Stephanie Wright
ASIS&T Awards & Honors Cmte., Chair

Natural Sciences Library, UW
Box 352900, Allen Library
Seattle, WA 98195-2900
206.685.1540

Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0810
(301) 495-0900