[Sigmed-l] Pre-conference symposium submissions now open!

Catherine Arnott Smith casmit07 at syr.edu
Thu Aug 17 20:16:42 EDT 2006

Fellow SIGMed members: This is Catherine Arnott Smith, your chair,
writing to you from her new home in Madison, Wisconsin.  My new contact
information is

Catherine Arnott Smith
Assistant Professor
School of Library and Information Studies
University of Wisconsin-Madison
casmith24 at wisc.edu

I'm forwarding a message from my new colleague Kristin Eschenfelder all
about the Saturday symposium this SIG is co-sponsoring in November!
Message
follows. More soon re SIG business, and I look forward to seeing people
in Austin.

I am also pleased to announce that Professor Leah Lievrouw  of the
Department of Information Studies at UCLA will provide a keynote talk
for the Symposia.

Symposium submission instructions page:
http://slisweb.lis.wisc.edu/~kreschen/submissioninstructions.html

General info on symposium including call for abstracts:
http://slisweb.lis.wisc.edu/~kreschen/symposia.htm

Extended abstracts of 1000 words are due by Sept. 15th.  We are using
the dLIST open access repository for LIS as a submission & comment
system!

Related Links:
The Digital LIbrary of Information Science and Technology (dLIST) at the
University of Arizona
<http://dlist.sir.arizona.edu/>

The Social Informatics SIG homepage at the Rob Kling Center
for Social Informatics at Indiana University USA
<http://rkcsi.indiana.edu/article.php/special-interest-groups/37>

Please feel free to email me with any questions about submissions!

Best regards,

Kristin Eschenfelder

Kristin Eschenfelder
Associate Professor
eschenfelder at wisc.edu
1-608-263-2105
http://slisweb.lis.wisc.edu/~kreschen

Catherine Arnott Smith

email: casmit07REPLACETHISTEXTWITHATSYMBOLsyr.edu

***
The machine does not isolate us from the great problems of nature but
plunges us more deeply into them.
--Antoine de Saint-Exupery
***
Form is never more than the extension of content.
Robert Creely [quoted in C. Olson, "Projective Verse", 1950.]