[Sigmed-l] [Admin] Lists back -- problems remain

Richard Hill rhill at asis.org
Thu Jul 31 09:39:07 EDT 2003

Dear List Subscriber,

As you  probably noticed, all the ASIST mail lists were down for a week or more.

The lists are back up, though list owners/moderators can't get  in yet to approve subscriptions or postings.  We hope to have this resolved this morning, along wiht getting an explanation of what happened.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.  I had come to take lists for granted and a lot of our planning is driven through the lists.

Briefly, asis.org was the only domain the DNS lookup was recognizing, so our mail here at HQ appeared to be fully functional, including all the lists -- but we were they only people getting list messages.  We were sending, but messages were "deferred" with no error message coming here to let us know there was a problem.

Richard Hill, Executive Director

Richard Hill
Executive Director
American Society for Information Science and Technology
1320 Fenwick Lane, Suite 510
Silver Spring, MD  20910
FAX: (301) 495-0900
VOICE: (301) 495-0900