[Sighfis-l] Bibliography of oral histories on information science

Ken Herold kherold at adelphi.edu
Sat Jan 7 12:01:44 EST 2017

Hello HFISers,

In the interest of not re-inventing the wheel and also in sharing
historical data in advance of our 80th annual ASIST meeting in line with
our SIGs mission, are you aware of any existing effort or product to
compile a comprehensive listing of oral histories in our field?

For example, one great resource is the section UNPUBLISHED MATERIALS
(INCLUDING AUDIO AND VIDEO), ORAL HISTORIES, THESES, DISSERTATIONS, AND WEB
GUIDES at Bob Williams' 2012 work
https://www.asist.org/about/history-of-information-science/bibliography-of-information-science-and-technology/

Many efforts are scattered at schools around the USA and world.  As we
report to each other, please consider joining an effort by HFIS to publish
such a comprehensive list.

Thanks as always!
Ken

HFIS-SIG Chair 2015-2017
Ken Herold, MLIS, Berkeley '84
Associate Dean of Libraries,
  Digital Initiatives and Automated Services
Adelphi University
Garden City NY 11530 USA
1(516) 877-3531