[Sighfis-l] HFIS at the ASIST 2016 Annual Meeting

Ken Herold kherold at adelphi.edu
Wed Oct 5 13:49:50 EDT 2016

Hello All,

We are holding our business meeting at the Copenhagen conference

*Monday, October 17th, in the Thames 1 boardroom, 1:00 - 2:15pm*

*Election slate:*

Continuing Chair, *Ken Herold*
Incoming Chair:  *Lynnsey Weissenberger*
Secretary-Treasurer:  *Stacy Wykle*

We are co-sponsoring the following panel

*Sunday, October 16th, at 3:30pm*

*Tomato Tomahto: European Perspectives on Information Science*

panelists
*Julian Warner*
*Niels Windfeld Lund*
*Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan*
*Michael Buckland*
*Isabella Peters*

I will attend SIG Cabinet and the New Member/First Conference Brunch to
represent HFIS.

I look forward to meeting those of you who will be coming to Denmark!

My plans, if re-elected as Chair, include work with the International SIG
on a project to promote further understanding of Chinese Information
Science, with biographies, bibliographic guides, glossaries, interpretive
aids, and the like.  Please contact me with your interest in such a venture.

Best regards,
Ken
Chair, ASIST SIG/HFIS
2015-2016

Ken Herold, MLIS
Associate Dean of Libraries,
  Digital Initiatives and Automated Services
Adelphi University
Garden City NY 11530 USA
1(516) 877-3531