[Sighfis-l] Call for Abstracts – International Conference on Computational Social Science (IC2S2) - Deadline January 31, 2016

Northwestern Institute on Complex Systems nico at northwestern.edu
Fri Nov 20 17:16:28 EST 2015

IC2S2 2016 – International Conference on Computational Social Science

[dfsasdfa]

[IC2S2 2016 – International Conference on Computational Social Science]<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/news-events/conference/ic2s2/2016/call-for-abstracts.aspx>

Call for Abstracts
The conference held at Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University in Evanston, IL USA will bring together scientists from different areas to meet and discuss problems on social systems and dynamics, as well as research questions motivated by large datasets, either extracted from real applications (e.g. social media, communication systems), or created via controlled experiments or computational modeling. The goal of the conference is to create a broad community of social science researchers - academics, tech industry workers, open data activists, government agency workers, and think tank analysts - who are committed to advancing social science knowledge through computational methods.

In addition to keynote speakers and paper sessions, the conference will also include a series of training workshops for social science researchers who are newcomers to computational methods or who simply want to broaden their computational toolkits by learning new methods and related software techniques.

We welcome submissions on any topic, but we are especially interested in:

  *   computational social science in industry
  *   computer-assisted text analysis and natural language processing
  *   network analysis
  *   large-scale experiments
  *   causal inference and computational methods
  *   science and technology studies approaches to computational science work
  *   reproducible research
  *   practical problems in computational social science
  *   the ethics of computational research on human behavior
  *   infrastructure to facilitate industry/academic cooperation
  *   issues of inclusivity in computational fields
Faculty, graduate students, industry researchers, policy makers, and non-profit workers are all encouraged to submit data-driven research for consideration.

[..............................]
[Conference website]<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/news-events/conference/ic2s2/2016.aspx>

[Submission website]<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ic2s20>

[..............................]
[Important Dates]

[Contact]

Deadline for abstract submission:

Opening of registration:

Conference dates:
23-26 June 2016

Please contact Nancy McLaughlin at nico at northwestern.edu<mailto:nico at northwestern.edu> with any questions you might have.

[..............................]

PROGRAM CHAIRS
Noshir Contractor, Northwestern University
Brian Uzzi, Northwestern University
Duncan Watts, Microsoft Research

KEYNOTE Speakers
Susan Athey, Stanford University
Dirk Brockmann, Humboldt University Berlin
Rosaria Conte, Institute for Cognitive Science and Technology Rome
Peter Dodds, University of Vermont
David Ferrucci, Bridgewater Associates (formerly Head of IBM Watson)
Sandra González-Bailón​ , University of Pennsylvania
Shawndra Hill, Microsoft Research
Michael Kearns, University of Pennsylvania
Jon Kleinberg, Cornell University
David Lazer, Northeastern University Boston
Alessandro Lomi, University of Lugano
Sendhil Mullainathan, Harvard University
Matt Salganik, Princeton University
Markus Strohmaier, GESIS Cologne
Balazs Vedres, Central European University Budapest

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Noshir Contractor, Northwestern University
Karen S. Cook, Stanford University
Santo Fortunato, Aalto University
Alanna Lazarowich, Northwestern University
Michael Macy, Cornell University
Laura Nelson, Northwestern University
Brian Uzzi, Northwestern University
Duncan Watts, Microsoft Research

[SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS]

Contributions to the conference should be submitted via EasyChair<https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ic2s20>.

The submission should include a list of authors and their affiliations, with a minimum of one designated corresponding author, a title, an abstract summary paragraph, a list of 5 keywords, and an extended abstract with at least one figure, formatted as a PDF file no larger than 20MB. Please give a sufficiently detailed description of your work and your methods so we can adequately assess its relevance. Each extended abstract will be reviewed by two Program Committee members. Note that abstracts longer than 3 pages will be automatically rejected.

For additional information, see the Extended Abstract Template<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/%7E/media/Files/news-events/conference/ic2s2/2016-IC2S2-Extended-Abstract-Template.ashx> (.docx) and EasyChair Instructions<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/%7E/media/Files/news-events/conference/ic2s2/2016-IC2S2-EasyChair-Instructions.ashx> (.pdf).

Abstracts can be submitted starting November 25, 2015. The deadline for submission is January 31, 2016. Notice of acceptance will be April 30, 2016.

We will do our best to have mostly oral presentations of the selected contributions, both plenary and in parallel sessions. However, since we cannot estimate the number of submissions we may accept some abstracts for a poster session.

[Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University]<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/>

[Facebook]<http://www.facebook.com/KelloggSchool>

[Twitter]<http://www.twitter.com/KelloggSchool>

[LinkedIn]<http://kell.gg/1J0jVow>

[YouTube]<http://www.youtube.com/KelloggSchool>

Kellogg School of Management<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu>  |   Northwestern University<http://www.northwestern.edu>
2001 Sheridan Rd, Evanston, IL 60208-2800 | [resource://skype_ff_extension-at-jetpack/skype_ff_extension/data/call_skype_logo.png] 847.491.3300

All Rights Reserved.
Policy Statements<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Policy_Statement.aspx> | Site Map<http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/Sitemap.aspx>