[Sighfis-l] Webinar "From ISquares to CSquares": 18th June 2015

IBEKWE-SANJUAN Fidelia fidelia.ibekwe-sanjuan at univ-amu.fr
Fri May 15 08:09:44 EDT 2015

Dear all,

This webinar may be of interest to you.

/***Presenters*: Jenna Hartel (Uni. Toronto - Canada) & Fidelia
Ibekwe-SanJuan (Uni Aix-Marseille, France)*To register*:
https://www.asist.org/events/webinars/webinar-from-i-squares-to-c-squares/

_Description_
Information and communication are at the basis of how we know things
(epistemology), they are omnipresent in every field of activity. This
also makes them very slippery concepts or realities: they often mean
different things to different people, hence their exploration is
endless. Many of us have grappled with how to convey what we think
information and communication mean in our teachings or in our research.
Teaching information and communication theories in a pure academic
manner can be dead boring. Hence, the idea developed by Jenna Hartel
(2013) to use arts-informed technique to approach the different
conceptions of Information in a fun and creative way.
The current webinar is therefore a follow-up to Jenna Hartel’s webinar
of 2014 (https://www.asist.org/events/webinars/isquares/). We applied
this arts-informed approach in a French higher education setting and
took the experiment further by extending it to the concept of
communication. Our webinar reports on how Masters’ student in a French
School of Journalism and Communication (Aix-Marseille University)
perceive the concepts of information and communication. An international
I-Square group has been formed and experiments have begun worldwide on
conceptions of information using graphic representations (Hartel 2014:
http://www.isquares.info/).

Hope you can register and participate!

best,

Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan (Ph.D.)
Full Professor (Professeur des Universités)
School of Journalism & Communication (EJCAM)
http://ejcam.univ-amu.fr/
Aix-Marseille University - France.
Homepage: http://fidelia1.free.fr/
IRSIC research team: http://irsic.univ-amu.fr/