[Sighfis-l] SIG HFIS update for Montreal

Sarah A Buchanan sarahab at utexas.edu
Fri Oct 25 09:40:29 EDT 2013

1. Please join me in welcoming the following officers for 2013-14:
Chair, Lai Ma
Chair-Elect, Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan
Secretary, Emma Zhang
Past Chair, Sarah Buchanan

We are recruiting for a webmaster/communications officer - feel free
to be in touch.

2. The SIG HFIS Annual Activities Report for the past year can be read
here: http://www.asist.org/SIG/SIGHFIS/admininstrative/Annual%20Report%202013.pdf

3. SIG HFIS' 2013 Business Meeting will be held on Monday November 4,
5-6pm, in Salon 5 of Le Centre Sheraton. Be sure to join us!

4. These are four SIG HFIS-sponsored sessions at the 2013 AM (all at
different times!):
   - Sun. 11/3, 3:30PM: "The Concept Formerly Known as Information”
(Jenna Hartel, Karen Pollock, Rebecca Noone, Jens-Erik Mai, Kiersten
Latham, Marcia Bates)
   - Mon. 11/4, 10:30AM: "Preserving and Accessing the History of
ASIS&T and Information Science" (Kathryn La Barre, Sarah A. Buchanan,
Trudi Bellardo Hahn, Robert V. Williams)
   - Mon. 11/4, 1:30PM: "Crossing the Boundaries in Information
Science: Perspectives on Interdisciplinarity" (Tatjana Aparac-Jelusic,
Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan, Isto Huvila, Lai Ma, Virginia Ortiz-Repiso
Jimenez, Julian Warner)
   - Tues. 11/5, 8:30AM: "Uncovering Epistemological Assumptions
Underlying Research in Information Studies" (Steve Fuller, Birger
Hjorland, Fidelia Ibekwe-SanJuan, Lai Ma, Jens-Erik Mai, Joseph
Tennis, Julian Warner)

5. SIG HFIS representatives will also be attending the following AM
events: SIG Cabinet (Sunday 11/3, 10AM), New Members and First
Conference Brunch - presenting HFIS (Sunday 11/3, 12PM), Welcome
Reception (Sunday 11/3, 7PM).
SIG HFIS is also co-sponsoring the 9th Annual Social Informatics
Research Symposium (SIG SI): The Social Informatics of Information
Boundaries (Sat. 11/2, 8:30AM-12:30PM).

Looking forward to a great year and our meeting in Montreal!  Thank you,

Sarah Buchanan
SIG HFIS Chair

--
Sarah Buchanan