[Sighfis-l] 2013 HFIS greetings

Sarah A Buchanan sarahab at utexas.edu
Wed Jan 16 12:06:21 EST 2013

Dear SIG HFIS members,

     I hope your 2013 is off and running, and we're looking forward to
continuing many of our activities following ASIST's 75th Anniversary. The
History Preconference was successful by many accounts, and our oral
histories are continuing with your support. Lai and I will be in touch with
further updates on these and other activities shortly.

As you may have seen, the organization-still-known-as-ASIST has a new name
-- see message below -- the Association for Information Science &
Technology. What are your thoughts on this, as the historically-inclined
among our group? I think we may see further information in the Feb./Mar.
issue of the *ASIST Bulletin*, but I'm curious if you would share your
reactions with us.

Thank you, and looking forward to another good year for HFIS!

~Sarah
SIG HFIS Chair, 2012-13

--
Sarah Buchanan