[Sighfis-l] HFIS events at Annual!

Kathryn La Barre klabarre at illinois.edu
Thu Sep 6 14:09:47 EDT 2012

Greetings,

As outgoing chair of HFIS, I'm pleased to announce the results of the HFIS
officer election. Please join with me in welcoming Lai Ma as our new
chair-elect! Sarah Buchanan will assume chairmanship of HFIS at the annual
meeting. Sarah has just informed me that this Fall, she began her doctoral
studies at the University of Texas at Austin.

As you make final preparations for the annual meeting (with early bird
registration closing on Friday, September 7th)  I wanted to send out a list
of events that may be of special interest to HFIS members: (Note: We don't
have a list of other governance sessions yet - such as the SIG cabinet
meeting and cabinet luncheon.> but we have scheduled our business meeting
for Monday at noon).

*Saturday, October 27, 2012,*

Preconference on the History of ASIS&T and Information Science and
Technology Worldwide
Full Day 8:15am-6:30pm
http://asis.org/asist2012/historyofASIST.html

*Sunday October 28,* --

7:00pm Welcome reception SIG rush

*Monday, October 29 - *

Noon -- business meeting HFIS - Calloway B

6:30 pm President's reception and Poster session

Poster: Homage to Helen Brownson: Information Science Pioneer
Tina Jayroe,
*
*
*Tuesday, October 30, *
*
*
8:30am -- Panel: Humanistic Information Science
Jack Andersen, Melanie Feinberg, Jonathan Furner, Jens-Erik Mai, and Joseph
Tennis

Noon -- Awards Reception:
Where we can join in celebrating the presentation of the Award of Merit to
Michael Buckland,

1:30 -- Panel: The Other as a Research Agenda for Information Science
Kathryn La Barre, Michael Buckland, Lai Ma and Charles van den Huevel