[Sighfis-l] Calling for HFIS submissions for ASIS-AM 2012 (75th Anniversary celebrations!)

Kathryn La Barre klabarre at illinois.edu
Fri Mar 23 08:57:26 EDT 2012

Greetings,

I'm writing to ask you to consider submitting HFIS proposals for
papers and panels for the ASIST 75th Annual Meeting: Information,
Interaction, Innovation: Celebrating the Past, Constructing the
Present, and Creating the Future October 26-31, 2012, Baltimore,
Maryland more info: http://asis.org/asist2012/

The deadline for papers panels workshops & tutorials is just over a
month away APRIL 30! Posters, Demos & Videos have a later deadline
JUNE 10.

As with past years, the advisory board of SIG/HFIS stands ready to
assist you in assembling your submissions for the 75th Annual Meeting.
We'd like for the SIG to have a stellar presence. Some ideas for
panels/papers from the October business meeting:

We'd like to submit a proposal for an an HFIS-focused poster session
to bring doctoral (and even masters) student work together for
discussion.

Other thoughts from the meeting:

Try to include both senior and junior scholars on your panel.
Contributions from other SIGs and Chapters on their history are welcome.
A panel on obsolete SIGs
Sarah Buchanan suggested collaborating with SIG-AH on jointly sponsored panels.
Proposing an interactive 'Birds of a Feather' HFIS-focused session.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon!