[Sighfis-l] SIG funds roll over?

Toni Carbo tcarbo14 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 13:15:52 EDT 2012

Thanks for the update, Kathryn. I don't have any nominees to suggest, but I
would like to recommend that we consider continuing our work on the history
of ASIS&T celebration, including additional oral histories and a session at
the 2015 conference, especially including our emerging leaders who might do
Youtube videos or use other methods methods to capture records of IST
leaders. Building on the fine word at the University of Maryland, perhaps
we can expand the digitization and tagging of photos project.  We have
completed many great projects this year, but there is much more to be done.

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 2:24 PM, Kathryn La Barre <klabarre at illinois.edu>wrote:

> Greetings,
> Just another reminder that the period for nominating new leadership for
> the SIG is open! Please contact me to nominate yourself (or someone else!)
> at your earliest convenience.
>
> The next item of SIG business is as follows:
>
> SIGs wishing to be considered for SIG of the Year and/or requesting funds
> rollover must submit this form by August 15th.
>

> SIGs may, upon request, roll over 100% of their fund balance to the next
> fiscal year, provided they can provide specific justification for needing
> to do so (eg. programming needs, award needs, etc.). Otherwise 50% of funds
> remaining at the end of the fiscal year will be continued to the following
> year.
>

> So this is our chance to save anything we didn't spend this year - we'll
> lose half of what is in our coffers to the program fund otherwise. (I have
> a request in about the budget). Anyone have any ideas for items that would
> help justify rolling over the SIG funds into the next fiscal year?

Toni Carbo, PhD, Teaching Professor, College of Information Science and
Technology  (The* iSchool* at Drexel),
tc452 at drexel.edu OR tcarbo14 at gmail.com, http://ischool.drexel.edu
Co-chair, ASIS&T 75th Anniversary Celebration Taskforce;
Editor, *The International Information & Library Review*;
Professor Emerita and former Dean, School of Information Sciences,
University of Pittsburgh