[Sighfis-l] Hope to see you at ASIST-AM @ the HFIS sessions!!

Kathryn La Barre kathryn.labarre at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 08:16:00 EDT 2011

The Special Interest Group on the History and Foundations of Information
Science will be sponsoring the following sessions at the forthcoming ASIST
AM in New Orleans, 9-12 October 2011 (http://www.asis.org/asist2011/)

**·         **Fundamental Research Questions in Information Science. Monday
October 10th, 8-10:30****

**·         **Avoiding Determinism:  New Research into the Discovery of
Information Tuesday October 11th, 10:30****

**·         **The Janus Panels:  Looking Back in Order to Look Forward 3:30
The Future of Information History Tuesday October 11th,  1:30****

**.         **The Future of Information History" with Jenna Hartel,
Thomas Haigh & Ron Day Tuesday, 3:30 ****

** **

We will also be holding a planning meeting, as follows.****

** **

**·         **Tuesday October 11th, 9-10:00 HFIS  Planning session: Room B
(Galvez).****

** **

We look forward to seeing new – and familiar – faces at the sessions and the
planning meeting.****

** **

Julian ****

** **