[Sighfis-l] The ASIST History Fund: an appeal for donations

WILLIAMS, ROBERT BOBWILL at mailbox.sc.edu
Wed Nov 17 14:36:57 EST 2010

Folks: the ASIST History Fund has been in existence 10 years and now
stands at about $20,000. The History Fund is entirely dependent on
donations by members and others with an interest in the history of the
field. For the past two years we have given two small grants and awarded
two best paper prizes. We hope to continue making these awards in the
future and, as funding resources permit, do other things that will
enhance historical research and publication.

Recently, we received a $6,000 challenge donation to the Fund. I am
asking everyone with an interest in the history of ASIST and information
science to respond to this challenge by making a donation this year.
(Remember, it is a tax-deductible donation since ASIST is a 501-c3
organization.) If you are willing to do this make your check payable to
ASIST, marked ASIST History Fund, and send it to Dick Hill at ASIST
headquarters. Thanks for any support you are able to provide. If you
have any questions please let me know at the address below.

Robert V. Williams, Distinguished Prof., Emeritus

University of South Carolina

Columbia, SC 29208

Ph: 803-777-2324

E-mail: bobwill at sc.edu