[Sighfis-l] ASIST History Fund: an appeal for donations

WILLIAMS, ROBERT BOBWILL at mailbox.sc.edu
Thu Sep 10 16:27:15 EDT 2009

Folks: As most of you know the ASIST History Fund currently has about
$12,000 in it. Most of this money has been contributed by SIG/HFIS
members over the past few years. I am now appealing to you to continue
your support by making a donation.

About two years ago Eugene Garfield made a matching donation of $3,000
to the fund and we were able to match that amount. He has now agreed to
make an additional $3,000 donation if we raise an equivalent amount. The
offer is good for the remainder of this year but I would like to meet
the challenge by the time of the ASIST meeting in Vancouver. I have
promises from other donors of $2,000, which means that we only need to
raise $1,000 this year.

I hope you will seriously consider making a tax deductible contribution
to the History Fund. If so, please make your checks payable to: ASIST
History Fund and mail it to Dick Hill at headquarters. Any amount will
help us get closer to our goal. While not essential, I would appreciate
your letting me know about your donation so I can keep track of how
close we are to meeting the $1,000 goal for this year.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

PS: We are now evaluating the first History Fund grant proposal and the
first History Fund best paper submission. I hope to have an announcement
about those in the next few weeks.

Robert V. Williams, Chair, SIG/HFIS and Chair, ASIST History Fund

University of South Carolina

Columbia, SC 29208

Ph: 803-777-2324

E-mail: bobwill at sc.edu