[Sighfis-l] Call for AM 2009 SIG/HFIS program ideas/papers/sessions

WILLIAMS, ROBERT BOBWILL at mailbox.sc.edu
Thu Nov 13 15:24:15 EST 2008

Dear SIG/HFIS Members:

The deadline for submitting AM program proposals is Jan. 21 (see:
http://www.asis.org/Conferences/AM09/am09cfp.html .) Proposals for
sessions, etc must be submitted by that time for refereeing. The theme
for the 2009 AM is: Thriving on Diversity: Information Opportunities in
a Pluralistic World. This site contains details about the various types
of submissions and what is required to be submitted.

Please let me have your ideas for sessions, papers, etc. I will
coordinate the submission for SIG/HFIS sponsored sessions. (BTW: if you
know of another ASIST group/SIG/etc. that we could co-sponsor one of
their programs please ask them to be in touch with me.)  Submitted
programs do not have to have direct relevance to the AM theme but the
closer we get to it the better. More importantly, we would like to have
at least one session each accepted on our two main purposes: history and
foundations.

If, as I hope, we get lots of ideas and proposals then the SIG officers
will make the final decisions regarding those to be submitted for
refereeing by the program committee.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Robert V. Williams, Distinguished Prof., Emeritus and Chair, SIG/HFIS,
2009

University of South Carolina

Columbia, SC 29208

Ph: 803-777-2324