[Sighfis-l] CFP for Libellarium: Journal for the history of the written word, books and memory institutions

Kathryn La Barre kathryn.labarre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 16:15:18 EST 2007

Forwarded from JESSE (with apologies for cross posting)

In order to help my colleagues in Croatia launch a new journal that aims
to  address issues relevant to LIS and as member of its newly formed
editorial board, I am forwarding this call for papers for the first issue.
I hope you will consider submitting your work to Libellarium. Please note
that the journal seeks conceptual and theoretical contributions in English
for its inaugural 2007 issue.

Best regards,

Marija Dalbello

CALL FOR PAPERS

Libellarium, Journal for the history of written word, books and memory
institutions
Number 1, 1 (2007)

Dear Colleague,
We are pleased to launch the first call for papers for the newly
established journal for the history of written word, books and memory
institutions. The Journal, Libellarium, will be published by the
University of Zadar, Croatia.
For the first issue we are inviting two kinds of papers, both dealing with
the history of books. The first should contribute to discussions referring
to the substance of book history and its methodological issues (What is
the book history today? Could it be an independent scientific discipline?
What is the state of research in different countries? Etc.).
The second should address a wide range of questions regarding the use of
sources in book history. Contributors are encouraged to interpret the
topics such as bibliographies as a source for the book history, printers'
catalogues and advertisements as a source for the book history, book
dedications and forewords as a source for the book history, missionary
reports as a source for the book history and so forth. We welcome papers
taking an interdisciplinary approach that productively combine history,
literary, and sociology with book history methodologies.

All potential contributors are kindly requested to send an abstracts with
a title (500 words maximum) by 1 February 2007 to e-mail address
zvelagic at ffos.hr. The final versions of papers are expected by 5 April 2007.
All contributions should be submitted in English and not exceed 8000 words
in length (including notes). Please use Chicago Manual of Style,
Author-Date System, available at
http://www.libs.uga.edu/ref/chicago.html
<https://ms1.express.cites.uiuc.edu/cgi-bin/fetch.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.libs.uga.edu%2Fref%2Fchicago.html>.
Before publication all contributions will be reviewed by two independent
referees. The English of the submitted manuscripts should be of a suitable
quality for publishing.
Please do not hesitate to request further information if needed, and
address all correspondence to zvelagic at ffos.hr.
Sincerely yours,
Zoran Velagić, University of Osijek

--